Keep an Eye Out
We all have mental health and just like with our physical health, from time to time we all struggle and need some support. Here are our 5 top tips to look out for your mates:
- Ask them how they are. If you’re not convinced by their response, ask them again. Sometimes people need to be asked twice to share how they are really feeling.
- Really listen. It’s so easy to be distracted these days. Put your phone away, When you really listen to someone it shows them that they matter and that might be all they need.
- Less is more. People often don’t need advice, they just need to know that they’re not alone and its ok to feel how they feel.
- Ask them what they need, what support they could do with right now. Even if they don't know the answer, they will appreciate you asking.
- Do something that makes them smile. A small gesture of kindness so they know they are in your thoughts. This could be a little text saying ‘just in case you need to hear it today, you’e awesome - you’ve got this!’, a hand-written letter to let them know what you value in them or delivery of something you know they’ll appreciate.